Random News

Australia Pull out of U-19 World Cup


Australia have hauled out of the Under-19 World Cup in Bangladesh beginning on January 27 because of security concerns. Cricket Australia CEO James Sutherland said the choice was taken after counsel from the administration expressed that the risk to Australian intrigues in Bangladesh was as high as when the senior group had hauled out of their visit in October a year ago.

The ICC has welcomed Ireland, who were runners-up in the qualifying competition in Kuala Lumpur in October, to supplant Australia in the competition.

No other group is known not comparable arrangements. New Zealand Cricket affirmed that they would be proceeding with their competition arrangements as booked.

"For quite a while we have been working intimately with ICC security guides and checking the security circumstance in Bangladesh and have been keeping our players, authorities and the players' guardians as a la mode as could be expected under the circumstances," Sutherland said. "Disgracefully, the counsel from our Government proposes that the security danger to Australians setting out to Bangladesh stays as high now as it was the point at which we put off the Test group's journey through that nation to the end of last year.

"Combined into that is solid data recommending there is a high risk to Australian collisions in Bangladesh and the learning that the Australian Government has approved the wards of posted discretionary operate in Bangladesh to reappearance home to Australia. At last, with the majority of the data and guidance we have gotten, we feel we had no choice other than to make this worrying choice."

The ICC said it regarded CA's choice however was unfulfilled by it. "The ICC takes its responsibilities around the wellbeing and security of ICC occasions to a great degree truly," its boss, David Richardson, said. "What's more, anticipating the full and unequivocal backing of the Bangladesh government that has been stood to us at the most abnormal amount and through all nearby security offices, the guidance we have gotten from our own and autonomous security specialists, and the powerful security arrange for that has been created, the ICC stays of the viewpoint the it is suitable for occasion wanting to proceed as planned.

"Security arranges connected with an occasion of this size and stature are constantly subject to persistent audit to guarantee that they stay suitable and fit for reason, and this occasion is the same."

The BCB told ESPNcricinfo that it had collaborated completely with the ICC in regards to security for the occasion, yet an official choice to visit lay with individual nations. "We have given a hard safety plan to the ICC and thought about all that it requesting that we do," Jalal Yuns, the BCB's head of media, said. "Whether a part country relaxes on coming to Bangladesh or not, is dependent upon them."

Sutherland said CA had not taken the choice delicately and apologized to the ICC and BCB for impediment brought on by the late withdrawal. "In exhorting the BCB, we have endorsed our craving to return to Bangladesh to play cricket at the earliest opportunity and will keep on examining this with them in the coming months," he said. "We additionally realize this is an extremely disillusioning result for our young players, who will have been anticipating this occasion with extraordinary expectation."


Australia were in Group D of the Under-19 World Cup alongside India, Nepal and New Zealand.

No comments:

Post a Comment