Rahul Dravid to give up ODI and Twenty20 cricket following England series





Hours following the surprise remind to the India One-Day squad, Rahul Dravid Saturday announce his conclusion to quit the shorter versions of the game at the finish of the series in England.

The extremely reliable batsman with three hundreds in the previous five Tests in the West Indies and in the current series in England thought he was quitting the ODIs and Twenty20s so that he could focus on Test cricket.

Rahul Dravid, thirty-eight, who has not played a great deal one-day cricket in the previous four years following being deserted by the national selectors in the awaken of a none-too-successful home series next to Australia quickly after the terrible 2003 World Cup beneath his captaincy put aside for a short come back for the 2009 Champions Trophy in South Africa, admitted the newest remember was completely unpredicted.

Because I had not been chosen for one-day cricket for the most recent two years, I was perceptibly a little astonished,' he thought following the warm-up game at Northampton.

'To exist truthful, I had not knowledgeable the selectors or the board of my meaning to center only on Test cricket since I had not been chosen.'

At the present that I’m in the one-day side, I’m   dedicated as forever to give my most excellent in this ODI series next to England and after that the Tests I play.'

Rahul Dravid, like his colleague Sachin Tendulkar, has over 10,000 runs in together the Test and ODI cricket, with 10,765 runs in 339 one-dayers -- the seventh uppermost scorer in that set-up.
                                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment